Friday 27 November 2009

Panoramics

With this new Epson printer, its opened up some big print possibilities but with this comes the headache of the best or most cost effective way of display.
Do I take the prints to be backmounted to acrylic, facemounted to Dibond or Foamex or do I look in to quality prints behind glass in frames?

Although my personal preference for a gallery print is framed either behind glass or not, the only way at the moment to do everything in house is to stretch either fabric or canvas over wooden frames.
I've just finished an 18" x 40" of the first one below and have printed the Langdale image at just under 20" x 2m which looks incredible. I've got to stretch it this weekend ( I picked up a Stanley electric stapler which makes it a chunk easier ) and should have it ready for the gallery next week.
Once I've finished I'll post photographs of them on the wall for scale.


No comments: