Tuesday 8 January 2008

Quick introduction


Just before the birth of my daughter nearly 12 years ago, I picked up a compact camera from a large electrical store that will remain nameless. The sales person popped in the film, I paid and walked back to wait for the call.
A couple of days later, she was born and the camera came out for the pictures of my newborn. These amazing images of my daughter would have been treasured forever, pored over as she grew up to become the person she is now.
They would have been treasured.....but for one small problem. The shop had not put the film in correctly and the miracle of childbirth was witnessed by a 35mm film canister that resolutely refused it's contents to be pulled across behind the shutter.
Walking back from the chemists staring at the glossy black 6x4s, I made myself a promise that that would never happen again....

No comments: